Friday, October 30, 2009

Communication

Ethan is the cutest. Last night Mike was sitting at the computer and Ethan went to his new favorite place to play...the computer desk drawer and cupboard. Of course since Mike doesn't change diapers, he mentions to me he thinks Ethan is poopy. By this time, Ethan had already found a new place to play...a large box he likes to sit on top of. I asked Ethan "Are you poopy?" He nods his head yes. Then I ask "Do you need your diaper changed?" Once again, Ethan nods his head yes. Lastly I say "okay, lets go up stairs." And Ethan immediately runs over to the stairs and tries to open the gate to head up. Smart kid :)

Ethan is a great communicator. He nods his head for yes or shakes his head for no. He signs when he is hungry and signs & then leads us directly to the refrigerator when he is thirsty. It's great!

No comments: